Elite Academy Provision - Aiming to achieve Excellence and Inclusion
The Ravens Wood School Academy Groups bring together the most talented students in the areas of Music, Dance and Drama, Media, Art and Design, Rugby and Football and are designed and developed for students entering Year 12 at Ravens Wood. Entry is strictly by trial or audition only.
The Academies have been designed to allow students to apply themselves effectively to their academic studies alongside a dedicated programme of professional training in their given area of specialism.
Students applying to an Academy group choose between a variety of A Level and vocational courses on offer at Ravens Wood. Academy members receive 5 hours of coaching within curricular and extra-curricular periods including work within coaching and leadership. Academy groups are linked to industry professionals and there are opportunities to tour and compete at the highest level amongst schools nationally.
The 5 core principles of our academy groups are as follows:
1. Students receive professional coaching from our own staff and professionals from outside of the school for at least 5 hours each week alongside their formal academic studies.
2. Each academy has links to professional bodies external to the school, which provides opportunity for students to progress to an elite level.
3. Students are expected to compete and perform at the highest standard amongst schools nationally (this may include tours and performance platforms in other countries).
4. Students are placed into a tutor group where their very specific pastoral needs are met.
5. Formal qualification for all academy students who will help to coach and mentor younger students at the school.
Sixth form students participate in extra-curricular activities managed by the Enrichment School. At Ravens Wood School we believe that students who engage in a broad range of Enrichment activities are more likely to be proud and committed members of the school community and achieve more personally as a result.
Ravens Wood offers an extensive programme of extra-curricular activities to all students. Primary school enrichment schemes offer Sixth Form students outstanding leadership opportunities whilst allowing them to achieve nationally recognized qualifications.
Sixth Form Wider Enrichment Programme
For those who are very keen to pursue other enrichment areas, we are very proud of the variety we are able to offer students at Ravens Wood. Below we have listed our current options:
• Academic Mentoring
• Extended Project
• Representative Sport (Football, Rugby, Netball)
• Leadership Skills
• Community Service
• Literary Review
• Duke of Edinburgh award scheme
• Fitness Development
• IFS School of Finance Student Investment Challenge
• Debating Club
• Philosopher Kings