For information about the Rugby Academy, please click on the following link:
For information about the Football Academy, please click on the following link:
Academy of Performing Arts: Elite Company - RAPA
The Ravens Wood Academy of Performing Arts was established in September 2009 to house and extend the most elite performance students. After 7 years of performance excellence at Ravens Wood School and with national recognition for some of our performance teams, it was necessary to give students the opportunity to receive professional training during their senior years.
RAPA Elite Company students receive 4 additional training sessions as part of their sixth form studies in which they:
- Develop a strong ensemble company of performers
- Train in performance skills such as Acting, Dance and Musical Theatre
- Have an opportunity to work towards an Arts Award
- Participate in ensemble musical theatre, vocal, technique etc training sessions
- Receive coaching / workshops from industry professionals
- Experience opportunities to work in the local community through arts projects
- Receive expert advice with the entry into professional training
- Have the opportunity to perform in performance platforms throughout the year
- Opportunity to participate in the Prague International Dance Festival
- Attend a musical theatre residential trip
- Go on various theatre trips throughout the year
Ravens Wood Music Academy
Launched in September 2011, the Ravens Wood Music Academy will give talented students the opportunity to develop as elite performers, composers or technicians, with the potential for recognition of their achievements at a national level.
Since its launch the students of the Music Academy have been involved with many high profile local, national and international projects and organisations such as Bromley Youth Music Trust, Music for Youth (Regional and National Festival), ArtsTrain, University of the Arts, London and the Victoria and Albert Museum, South Kensington.
Ravens Wood Music Department has a long tradition of success. Many former students have become professional performers or music industry professionals. The Academy has been set up to enable students to receive elite coaching and mentoring that will maximise potential and create opportunities for success, enabling access to the highest quality establishments for further music education at the end of the Sixth Form.
Admission to the Music Academy is by audition only and grade 5 or equivalent is the minimum standard; students will benefit from receiving timetabled music academy sessions in addition to mainstream sixth form classes. We expect students to be able to balance their musical commitments alongside their academic studies and therefore the ability to work to deadlines is incredibly important.
Performance and composition opportunities will be honed and developed in academy sessions. Academy students will be mentored individually and exposed to performance opportunities in and around London. They will attend trips, workshops and receive professional coaching. Academy members will showcase individual and group performance regularly throughout their studies. There will be outstanding leadership opportunities available, allowing students to achieve nationally recognised qualifications. Participation in competitions on a local and national level will also feature heavily in the academy schedule.