Are you interested in becoming a Parent Governor?
The Governing Body of Ravens Wood School is now recruiting Parent Governors
At Ravens Wood School staff, students, parents and governors work in partnership to ensure the very best outcomes. It is essential for the efficient running of our school that we attract the best possible governors.
All governors should be able to demonstrate the following;
- An active interest in the education of our students.
- A commitment to quality and raising standards within our school.
- The aptitude to work collaboratively with others and to contribute as a member of a team.
- A willingness to promote the school within the community it serves.
- The ability to support and challenge the Headteacher and her leadership team.
- The time to devote, prepare for and attend Governors’ meetings.
- The ability to undertake governor training and development.
- To agree policies and strategies and ensure these can be monitored and implemented.
- To contribute to establishing performance targets and the monitoring of performance against these.
We are particularly interested in hearing from prospective governors with commercial experience in the following areas;
- Human Resources
- Public Relations
- Fund Raising
The current Governing Body members would like to meet prospective Parent Governors. A meet and greet event will be held at the school on Tuesday 23rd February in the Sixth Form area between 6 & 7pm. If you would like to find out more about the role, please confirm your attendance with the Clerk, Mrs Marriott on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see the Governor Vacancies by clicking on the link below:
Parent Governor Vacancies 2016
To see what a Governor at Ravens Wood School does, please click on the link below:
The role of a Governor